Monday, September 8, 2014

Hexed #1 Review

Title: Hexed #1
Written by Michael Alan Nelson
Art by Dan Mora
Published by Boom! Studios


Luci Jennifer Inacio Das Neves (most people just call her “Lucifer”) is a supernatural thief-for-hire, stealing wondrous objects from the dark denizens of the netherworld for her mentor/mother figure, Val Brisendine. But when Lucifer accidentally unleashes a terrible evil from one of the paintings hanging in Val’s art gallery, will any of the tricks up her sleeve be enough to stop it?



This book is awesome. I'm so glad I picked it up. It is violent with great supernatural characters. It gives you a lot of information it the first issue so I'll probably read it again just to make sure I didn't miss anything. I was really impressed with the lead character Lucifer. She is fun and witty and I can't wait to see more of her. She has a destiny that she doesn't want so I'm interested in seeing how that evolves. The supporting characters we meet are interesting and I don't feel as if anyone is terribly forgettable.

The art is great. It's bright and clean. Plus, the cover by Emma Rios of Pretty Deadly is fantastic. I knew if she was involved at least some how then this would be a book worth reading. Over all, this is a great first issue! Boom! Studios is quickly becoming one of my favorite publisher for new comic books. They write fun, smart, interesting stories and I always want to pick up any #1 issues I see. If you're a fan of Supernatural, Constantine, or The Wicked & Divine then I would check this one out.


Rating 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment